One month and a busy weekend

Samuel hit the one-month mark last Tuesday. We celebrated by having his picture made, which wasn’t exactly his favorite thing to do. But we got a few really good ones, and I can’t wait to get them back next week and take them to show off in Somerset. He went to the doctor Friday for his one-month check-up, and amazed his Mommy with his new stats: 21 3/4 inches and 10 lbs 10 oz!! He’s grown 2 inches and gained almost three pounds since birth!! He may be our first big baby; our girls have all been on the smaller side, especially Elisabeth, so it’s really strange to go from one who’s doing well to be above the 5th percentile, to one who’s already at the 75th percentile!! But at least we know he’s healthy!! Also, the doc said not to worry about the whole hemoglobin thing; we’ll retest at 6 months and most of it is cleared up by then, and even if it’s not, it’s not a huge deal. So it was a pretty positive doctor visit.

On Thursday night, my Mom and Dad arrived for a short visit. Mom and I managed to fit in a little shopping on Friday, of course. We had a good visit with them, saying goodbye on Saturday morning, then after a little rest, Clay’s Mom and Dad came in Saturday afternoon for their short visit. Clay and I squeezed in a date on Saturday night, taking advantage of free babysitting, and went to see Fireproof. It was, as I’m sure you’ve heard, a good movie. Steve and Claudia got to go to church with us on Sunday as well. They left this morning, and now we’re just in serious weekend recovery mode.

Samuel continues to have his fussy moments, which are sometimes fussy hours, but I think he’s gradually settling down some and showing glimpses of being a happy baby. He has slept 4-5 hour stretches several nights now, just not in a row. The past few nights have been kind of rough with both him and Elisabeth crying a lot at night, but they will surely both get comfortable soon and let their mommy get some sleep. I continue to dream of a day when we put our kids to bed and they stay there and stay quiet until morning. Surely that day will come–if not while they live at home, then at least I can look forward to sleeping all night once they all move out!! 🙂

I guess that’s about got us updated for now. We go to Purdue for Samuel’s hearing re-screen on Wednesday, so I’ll let you know those results as soon as I know them.

Just 10 more days until we get that boy on some Bluegrass soil!!!

This entry was posted in New baby, The Everyday. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s