You don’t hear that every day

Yesterday my girls were playing school.  Catherine was the teacher.  In the middle of the “school day,” she needed to use the potty (something she’s doing much better at, by the way).  She abandoned her class to go to the potty, where she had success (!!) but needed help getting cleaned up.  Clay was helping her when we heard Abigail start yelling from the playroom, “Teacher!  Teacher!”  She kept yelling until Catherine finally yelled back, as she was bent over double getting “wiped”, “Hang on, class!  My daddy’s wiping up my bottom!”  Well, you just don’t hear that every day!

This entry was posted in Kids say..., Motherhood, The Everyday. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to You don’t hear that every day

1. Stef says:

Oh my goodness, that is too funny!

2. Jessica says:

That cracks me up 100%. And I’m not just saying that!

I wonder when I’ll stop hearing…”MAMA! Wipe me!”

3. Stef says:

Hey Monica, thanks for asking about us. We haven’t been before the judge yet. We have court Monday at 8:15. I will let you know what the outcome is. So are you guys going to KY this weekend?

4. Grandmother says:

One time years ago when Kyle was little we were at the Ikerds at a sunnday school class social and Amy was about 3.
    She had used the bathroom and told Kyle to tell her mother. He came in the room where everyone was and said “Amy wants you to clean her tail.”

5. Stef says:

Hi Monica, can’t wait to hear how the trip to KY went. Court went great and we’ll have my neice back this weekend hopefully.

Also, for fun I gave you an award and you just need to come to my blog to claim it.

ttyl, Stef

6. ndefalco says:

I love these little ditties. Mostly because I get to retell them to Amy (who never gets on the net unless she HAS to). But, these always crack her up.